Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Halle Learns How to Push "Snooze"

I think I've spoiled you all with two videos in two days! :)

Note: when Halle is really tired and ready for bed, she goes to the baby gate, waves her hand and says "bye bye". It's incredibly cute and reminds us of how lucky we are to have such a good baby.

This morning, I walked into Halle's room around 9:30am, which is way earlier than she is accustomed to. I cooed, "Good morning, baby" and went to open her blinds. She blinked and pulled her blanket over her head.

Knowing I had to be at work by 10am, I had to nudge her awake as soon as possible. I started rubbing her back and after a minute or two, she rolled over and smiled at me. Good, let's get going, I thought. She quickly turned over to lie on her stomach again, pulling the blanket over her head.

So I start rubbing her back again and talk about what a pretty day it is outside. She rolls over and, to save time, I change her diaper right there in her crib. She wakes up little by little, giggling at the usual "diapee" song and dance. When she's clean and diapered I offer to pick her up. She stands up, thinks about it for a minute... then she said, "Bye bye." and lays back down.

No comments:

Post a Comment