Sunday, April 4, 2010

My 2 Year Old Can Play the Harmonica.

Just sayin'.

It took a while for Halle to understand that breath, not her voice, would create the unique sound of a harmonica. I tapped into her uneasiness regarding bugs and "hairbunnies" (they're of the same genus in our house). I've taught her that you can blow on a bug like a spider, and if it's a smart one, it knows it needs to move its butt, whereas a hairbunny is inanimate. "Bug" and "hairbunny" both connote a need to "blow".

So I told her to think about bugs. And hairbunnies. Now BLOW!

And she made music! That unmistakable, down-by-the-river, lazily melodic and light-as-taffy harmonica note. If you think that's too poetic for ,a single note played by a toddler on a plastic instrument, watch this video for her expression. It's pure poetry.

1 comment:

  1. I love it! This post could also be called, "My two year old already has a self-deprecating wit."

    ReplyDelete