Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Little Moments

#1 Anatomical Concepts

Before diving into yard-work, I decided to put on a bikini. That way, I could join Halle in the pool if I felt like I was going to keel over. I get the top on and turn around to Halle, who is sitting on the bed. She asks, "Boobs on?"
"Yes, Halle, I've got my boobs on now."


#2 Streaming Subconscious

Last night, as she laid in her crib waiting for the sandman, Brad and I could hear her sing song-y chatter from the living room OVER the television. We hit mute and took a seat in the dark hallway outside her door. This is what we overheard:

"Red ah stop an' green mean GOOOOOOO!"

"Wait, Daddy, wait!"

"Rockabye Halle over teetops HALLE
When the wind blows, cradle will HALLE
When bow breaks, cradle 'll HALLE..."

~

Listening to her dreamy rantings are like watching Telemundo and knowing only light conversational Spanish. Not only does she have a toddler lisp, there's a pacifier in her mouth and she's singing/howling the words that are only occasionally audible. I really wish my camcorder could pick up the sound!

No comments:

Post a Comment