Monday, October 5, 2009

Interesting Headline! + Stuff

"Most Babies Born This Century Should Live to 100". If you'd like to read the entire article from AOL News, click HERE. At first I thought, well who really wants to live to be 100? Maybe some people, but I certainly wouldn't want to be kept alive for an extra thirty years after my livelihood has gotten on a "bridge to nowhere", hehe.

But NO! Scientists think they're on to something that slows the aging process: "While illnesses affecting the elderly like heart disease, cancer and diabetes are rising, advances in medical treatment are also making it possible for them to remain active for longer. The obesity epidemic, however, may complicate matters. Extra weight makes people more susceptible to diseases and may increase their risk of dying."

It's pretty amazing to think of Halle as a sweet little old lady in her hundreds, still smiling and cackling and shimmying her own Halle boogie. She surely won't be affected by the obesity epidemic - not as long as we have to put on a circus, trick, bribe, and beg her to eat!


A perfect metaphor for a parent's love.
Sweet.

Suri Cruise is the youngest fashion plate that has proven herself more woman than I. She's wearing heels for crying out loud. I don't have the kind of relationship with gravity that would allow me to wear heels, and I'd honestly rather walk barefoot than go click-clack! click-clack! everywhere, but I can't help but be a LITTLE TINY BIT ENVIOUS of her poise.

Lots of pictures (of Halle) coming tomorrow, promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment