Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Yes Ma'am!

Halle's speaking skills are getting better and better every single day. Yes, even when she's giving me some attitude I can't help but feel a little bit proud that she's putting words into almost complete sentences.

Just tonight I was sitting on the couch, feeling a bit worn out when Halle goes to the baby gate and points. "Deese?" ("This?") I sigh and wonder if she just wants her Bakah (blankie) or if she wants to trek back to the tent in her bedroom. I ask, "Yes, but what do you want to get back there?"

She gets more terse and says with feeling, "Deese. Deese!" pointing vigilantly past the baby gate.

"But you've got so many toys in here to play with, Hal," I whine. See? I can do it too. :)

She's looking hard into my eyes as if she's confused as to why I don't understand her, as if she doesn't know how to make it more clear to me, as if I should get my butt off the couch and get a move on.

She beckons me to come along with her hands and exclaimed, "Mommy, come ON!"

I laughed so hard I thought the neighbors might call an ambulance. For the rest of the night, Halle said it over and over and over and over... this is how monsters are created. Even the cute ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment