Saturday, March 20, 2010

We Be Jammin'

That cheap plastic xylophone was a good investment! Halle was doomed to be a creative type - DOOMED I TELL YOU! What with Brad's musical chops (here I go again!) and my writing inclination, how could she help it? She thoroughly enjoys music, especially rap and hip hop (imagine that!), dancing and ballerinas; drawing, whether with crayons, markers, chalk, or aqua pens; we're in constant awe and can't wait to see how her creativity manifests itself next.

There was one day this last week when Halle was jamming out on her xylophone, singing Twinkle Twinkle and her ABCs. By the time I got the camera out, she was ready to move on... but I tried! You will never, ever, see me become a stage mom (like this crazy b*****) and I avoid pressuring her to perform, but this was just so darn cute... The second part of the video is Halle at Gabby's house, drawing on a miniature magnadoodle. She threw herself into her art and dude, it was intense. All of her muscles were tense, her jaw clenched, and she shook as she dotted and scribbled. The lighting does her no justice, but take a close look at her and you'll understand why I'm torn about allowing her to use paint. 

No comments:

Post a Comment